Low Budget Weddings
Today's brides and couples are always looking for ways to have low budget weddings and still create their fairy tale wedding dreams. And that's the mission of Low Budget Fairy Tale Weddings, to share our experiences, research, ideas and the ideas of others to help make your dream wedding come true.
Tips for Fairy Tale Weddings under $5,000
Maybe you've always dreamed of walking down the aisle in a gorgeous Cinderella wedding gown. All of your friends and family there to share in the excitement. You and your attendants holding beautiful bouquets and your ring bearer with the satiny pillow.
Then you dream about your reception. Beautiful wedding favors and place card holders decorating the guests' tables. The band or DJ introducing the wedding party. Your First Dance. The Dollar Dance. The excitement and fun of all of your friends and family being there.
But wait...that all costs a fortune, doesn't it?
No! It doesn't have to! If you start planning early and use our tips for low budget weddings, you can have your fairy tale wedding from start to finish - wedding gown and ceremony through reception - for a fraction of the cost - and make it your day to remember.
I found out from helping my daughter plan her fairy tale wedding that a beautiful wedding can be done on a very small budget. She wore the gown she dreamed of, had four bridesmaids, flower girl and ring bearer, live band, caterer, the whole nine yards. We spent under $3,500 total, from start to finish.
By planning early and keeping to her schedule, her little girl fantasy wedding came true! And we didn't break the bank doing it.
When I decided I wanted a large, more traditional affair for our wedding anniversary, I started early and did a lot of research online - and kept all of my notes to compile them into the same low budget wedding tips that I used to keep our entire event at our $5,000 budget!
Now, I do need to point out that your guest list size is important to manage so you can stick to your budget and keep it low. It costs money to mail out hundreds of invitations, find a large enough venue and feed all those people.
The examples I used for my daughter's wedding, my cousin's wedding and my own all had guest lists under 150 people, including the wedding party and DJs.
But even with a larger guest list, you can still save a lot of money by looking at other low budget weddings and using their tips and ideas for table centerpieces, decorations, favors, wedding gowns, and bouquets. If you save a lot of money in those areas, you can put the savings toward a larger guest list and a professional invitation printer if you want.
Low budget weddings are a reality when you start early and use a little creativity and you'll have the money for your dream honeymoon or your first house instead of thousands of bills to start off your new life together.
Return to top
Our Wedding Articles
- Band or DJ
- Should you have a band or DJ for your reception? Here are some of the pros and cons.
- Blusher Veils
- Blusher veils are making a comeback and are being worn more often today in semi or formal wedding ceremonies.
- Create a Bridal Bouquet Design to Fit Your Budget
- How to create a bridal bouquet design to fit your budget with resources to make your own or redesign an already made bouquet.
- Bridal Slippers
- How to find a custom designed pair of bridal slippers to keep your feet comfortable during your reception!
- Bridal Sneakers
- Find custom designed or make your own bridal sneakers to keep you dancing all during your reception.
- Do-It-Yourself Candle Favors
- Great ideas for wedding candle favors that you can make yourself!
- Cash Wedding Gifts
- A lot of couples today prefer getting cash wedding gifts, but politely and gracefully asking this of their invited guests can get kind of tricky.
- Destination Wedding Package
- Find a destination wedding package at a place that's romantic, scenic and exciting, then tie the knot, have your reception and have your honeymoon, all in one location.
- Make Your Own Detachable Train for Your Wedding Gown
- You found your perfect gown, but it doesn't have a train! Here's how you can make your own detachable train for your wedding gown.
- Fresh Wedding Flowers
- You can have fresh wedding flowers even when working with a small budget.
- You're having iPod music at your wedding?
- Plan early to get a professional DJ and leave the iPod music at home.
- 7 Simple Low-Budget Tips for Your Wedding
- 7 Simple Low-Budget Tips for Your Wedding
- Mailing Wedding Invitations with Photo or Wedding Stamps
- When you're mailing wedding invitations, use your wedding photo or wedding stamps to add some color and style to the envelopes.
- Military Weddings - Rules and Regulations
- While planning military weddings require the same attention and detail as planning any other wedding, there are other specific rules and regulations to consider.
- Online Wedding Invitations
- Online wedding invitations might be another way to save money if you're having a very informal wedding ceremony on very short notice.
- How to Pamper Your Feet Before Your Wedding Day
- Tips on how to pamper your feet the night before your wedding so you can stay on them all through your wedding day.
- Perfectly Manicured Nails
- How to have perfectly manicured nails in your close-up wedding photos holding your groom's hand and showing off your new wedding band.
- Personalized Wedding Napkins
- Personalized wedding napkins are the perfect touch to your cake and accessories.
- Rent a Wedding Dress
- Today's brides have the option to rent a wedding dress for the same reasons as grooms rent their tuxes. It's a dress they're only going to wear it for one day, so why do they have to buy it?
- Save the Date Cards
- For a new twist on traditional Save the Date Cards, use Save the Date Magnets.
- Vow Renewal Ceremonies
- For many couples, vow renewal ceremonies are very personal, a way for the couple to express to each other that they are still so in love that they would marry each other all over again or that their love has deepened because of an event that they recently came through and in the process have realized a deeper appreciation for on another. And what better way to express that love and appreciation than repeat and reaffirm your marriage vows.
- Paper Wedding Favors for Budget Conscious Brides
- There are several types of paper wedding favors that can be made quite inexpensively without appearing cheap.
- Spring Wedding Themes
- Spring Wedding Themes create picturesque wedding scenes.
- The Plus Size Wedding Dress that Fits Beautifully
- If you need a plus size wedding dress, consult a professional who knows exactly what to look for and you can find the ideal dress that fits perfectly on a more than imperfect body.
- Rose Designs for Wedding Favor Bookmarks
- Wedding bookmark with rose designs will add a touch of elegance into any theme for weddings, vow renewals, bridal showers and other wedding-related events.
- Anniversary Wedding Favors
- Anniversary wedding favors, such as bookmarks, can add a personalized touch to your celebration, creating a keepsake for both you and your guests.
- Traditional Wedding Favors
- Chances are, if you've been to any weddings, you've received traditional wedding favors. Some of these favors include shot glasses, chocolates, candles, ornaments, coasters, keychains, picture frames, magnets, etc. These favors are a simple way to thank your guests for sharing your special day with you.
- Bridal Slippers and Sneakers are The Comfortable Alternatives to Heels and Pumps
- Bridal slippers and sneakers are a nice accessory options for today's brides. Some brides even wear these fancy slippers or sneakers with their wedding gowns for the ceremony to make sure their feet stay comfortable all day.
- Why Are Wedding Seating Arrangements So Important?
- If you're having a rather informal, casual setting, like an outdoor garden wedding, you may not need wedding reception seating with table number cards. But if you're having an indoor, seated affair with a specific number of seats at each table, then wedding seating arrangements is a Must Do.
- Wedding Rehearsal Dinner Ideas & Etiquette
- Rehearsal dinner ideas can range from elaborate gatherings in expensive hotel restaurants to small, casual affairs like backyard barbecues. While there are some traditional so-called guidelines for the rehearsal dinner, rules are always made to be broken.
- The Wedding Song Playlist for Your DJ
- There are some songs you just don't want to hear on your wedding day. So make sure to give your wedding song playlist to your Band or DJ well ahead of time.
- The Emergency Bridal Kit is Every Bride's Must-Have
- An Emergency Bridal Kit is simply a little bag that a bride has on hand; either she carries it with her or one of her attendants can have the honor of holding it for the bride. The bride will keep this little bag with her throughout the entire day to help alleviate the worries of anything that could happen and having items on hand to deal with anything that does.
- Digital Camera Skins for Disposable Wedding Cameras
- Using hand crafted digital camera skins, you can turn Fuji disposable cameras into single use wedding cameras plus your wedding cameras will be customized to your wedding theme, blending seamlessly into your reception d�cor.
- Lavender Lace Tea Rooms & Blue Butterfly Catering
- Quaint, elegant and affordable describes the Lavender Lace Tea Rooms at the Blue Butterfly Gift Shop in Emmaus, PA.
- Outdoor Locations for Weddings
- When you think about outdoor locations for weddings, there are a couple of added details that you need to keep in mind simply because of unpredictability of Mother Nature. Your affair can either be the fairytale story of your life or it can transform into a total disaster depending on how well you've prepared.
- Wedding Theme Ideas for Low Budget Weddings
- From wedding invitations to wedding favors, use our wedding theme ideas for low budget weddings to make your fairytale wedding dream come alive!
- Scrumptious Coffee Tea Wedding Theme Ideas
- Coffee wedding themes or coffee tea wedding themes are an ideal concept if you and your spouse are especially avid coffee and tea drinkers and love tasting new and different flavors, whether they're flavored coffees or teas, or flavored additives like syrups, sweeteners or creamers. You may incorporate a little of both into a wedding theme that is as tasteful and luxurious as the drinks themselves.
- How Setting the Date for Your Wedding Can Save You Money
- Setting the date for your wedding is probably of the most important decisions you'll make, even more important than where you'll have the event and what dress you'll wear. A lot rides on what date you pick for your wedding, not the least of which is how much money you can save if you're able to set the date out at least a year, and if you can break from the traditional Saturday late afternoon event.
- Hosting Backyard Receptions and Weddings-the Little Touches that Make them Special
- Some couples are fortunate enough to live in climates where backyard receptions are perfect venues for creating the dream come true fairytale wedding. And with some chic backyard wedding decoration ideas, your own back yard can come to life and be as beautiful as what you would see in any storybook wedding.
- Fairy Tale Weddings Blog
- Our Fairy Tale Wedding blog keeps you up to date with creative tips, ideas and do-it-yourself projects for having your wedding on a very low budget.